Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Starting in the middle

Jeff and I have been years into a journey towards healthier eating & living.  We have had a lot of amazing experiences- some heartbreaking, others glorious.  I've had a blog for a couple of years where I pretty much just record homeschooling stuff.  I never got into the health aspect of our lives because... well, honestly, I was intimidated by how much I didn't (and still don't!) know.  Looking back, though, we have come so far and I wish I would have been better at keeping a journal or log.  It would be great to see successes and failures (cooking tofu...bleh!).  So, here begins our humble attempt to craft into words and pictures what we are doing and learning.
Things I would like to include are recipes we try and links to favorite blogs on healthy eating.  Much more to come on how we eat (vegetarian, flexitarian, nutrititarian, juicitarian... now I'm just making stuff up...).
I also have been on a "simplify" kick- from cleaning stuff out, organizing our home to make it more manageable and paring down outside activities to enjoy the gift of time, here and now.  Again, hoping to link up favorite resources on this topic, too.
Another area is going green.  It is such a political thing right now, but has really become important to us.  Re-purposing, recycling, cleaning, "making do or doing without."  Again, we have not reached expert status.  Learning as we go.
We have three amazing little boys.  I want to be a good example to them of living the best life possible with what God has given us.
As always, none of this is worth anything without acknowledging God's glory as the goal.  I pray he is pleased with these efforts and that we press on with his energy that works powerfully in us.
Deep Creek, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment