Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Delightfully Random Stuff

Sometimes I just pull pictures off my camera and make a post of it.  Today I am and they really have nothing to do with each other.  But that's how our days are tight now... a series of a lot of things going on. 

The boys got to "box" at tailgating for the football game.


When Jeff got home from Cuba, somehow the house stopped cleaning itself (ha!).  But seriously, there was junk everywhere.  I took a before shot of the kitchen because I do love a good clean-out.


And here we are all cleaned up with stuff put away.



Sean is learning multiplication.  He seems to have a good mind for math and he is always asking random math problems.  Luke will sometimes answer just because he doesn't want to be left out of the conversation.  And a few times he got the right answer.  
Maybe it's lucky guesses, maybe he's a genius. Which would be great, because then he could help his big brother with math when we move into the more challenging stuff.



Oh yes... the eggs.  Look closely and decide what's wrong with this picture. 
 Other than the massacred  eggs. 
 Give up?
They're all on the wrong side of the carton.  And this, my friends, is what happens when you try to balance the eggs while getting the butter out of the top shelf and then all the stuff in the shelf falls out when you lift up the door because you have it crammed full of stuff.  And to deflect the assault of miscellaneous condiments you drop the eggs while shielding your person from the avalanche. 
 But I did salvage enough to make pumpkin donut poppers!


 We had the college Sunday School class over for lunch.  Let me just say they are such a gracious bunch.  Our boys are always wanting to play and wrestle.  Not that it takes much to summon the inner child of a college student, but still... I love how they love our boys.


And that concludes this most random post.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :) Thanks! I feel like that word pretty much sums up our life right now!

      Delete
  2. That was great! Thanks for the randomness! btw, I love your before and after kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I am a total sucker for before and after. Sadly, I have a lot of 'before" pics on my computer with no "afters!" :)

      Delete
  3. aww, I love the picture of your son with the abacus. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete