Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Activity Drawers

When I did a clean out of our craft supplies I decided to use our drawer cart to encourage more projects.  As I was purging, I took note of supplies we have not used, things I had printed out (but never actually did anything with!) and general fun stuff that had been buried. 

1.  Patterning activities: Various caps I save from bottles, cartons, etc. and an egg carton.  A strip printed from Confessions of a Homeschooler Letter-of-the-Week Curriculum.


2.  Paint a ceramic train magnet- picked it up on clearance.


3.  Removeable sticker activity book- bought at Friends of the Library bookstore for $1.75.

4.  Wooden cut-outs (not sure what they are called!).  Bought on clearance at Michael's for 19 cents each.  Take one out and start telling a story with it, then keep taking peices out one at a time and the story grows with each addition.


5. Write and send a post card to each of the cousins.


6.  Counting activities printed from Confessions of a Homeschooler.


7.  Bear activities we did here.


8.  Spin art using salad spinner.


9.  Work on squares grandma is collecting for the family quilt. 


10.  Various file folder games


Sean surprised me by doing several of these drawers back-to-back.  I will have to get creative to keep it filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment