Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gingerbread house- good enough to eat for lunch!

I love gingerbread houses.  I have never made one.  I felt the pressure not to let the boys' childhood progress any further without the introduction of this tradition.  I liked the pre-made kit at the grocery store, but a) not paying $10 for b) all that sugar!  We did a version that I did not mind them actually eating.  Not as colorful, but still fun. 
We used graham crackers and peanut butter for the house.  Nuts, dried fruit, popcorn and oats were the decoration. I meant to put pretzels in there, too.  They each got a mini muffin tin filled with the goodies, a plate of peanut butter, spreader and dinner plate to build on.



Luke was busy at work, too.


Sean's creation.  It fell over once.  I got the picture.  It fell over again. 


Sean turned his hand into a crane and became a "house-eater." 


Next year we might actually make real gingerbread- yum!  Until then, this protein rich project has just turned into lunch!

1 comment:

  1. It's more fun to eat than to build anyway! My kids would always take all the candies off the gingerbread house only a few days after building it. :)

    ReplyDelete