Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I wonder...

I struggle with discipline these days.  Granted, I feel like I do okay sometimes.  But there are (more often) times when I wonder- did I react in love, was I hurtful with my words, did I try to teach him rather than just try to make him act better...?  So many wonderings. 

Over and over the same warning,

He is too wrapped up in his world to notice

Mommy is getting impatient

The last shred is grunted out, hands fly up in exasperation

He is caught, reality sinks in

What will mama feed his flighty soul?

What word to guide and discipline?

Will he leave wounded or restored?
 

He is always my little treasure.



How many whispered prayers are spoken over sleeping children? 
Mommy is learning, too, my sweet gift. 
I love you, but more importantly, God loves you so much more.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. My DH and I struggle with discipline issues with our boys too. Too much, too little, where's the middle? We've read a few books. Our latest is "Have a New Kid by Friday" by Kevin Leman. He's a christian author and has some really good tips. Hope that helps! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I think we are all learning. Thanks for the post. :-)

    ReplyDelete