Monday, April 19, 2010

Lovely randomness

Been a while since I have visited my little blog and written some of my heart.  My heart = God, family, home, ministry... :-) 
I have been de-cluttering like a person gone mad.  I think spring fever has hit with full force because I know I am not the only one.  We are hoping to have a yard sale in 2 weeks and I am desperate to clear out every possible thing that serves no purpose or precious memory. I joke that my basement looks like a thrift store.  I am not even kidding.


That's not even all of it; just the best angle I could manage without falling into an abyss of baby clothes, toys and a bathroom sink (oh yes- we have fixtures for sale).  Ahhh... I love a challenge.

When we get it back to "normal" we have grand plans.  Well, as grand as not spending any money can be.  We are hoping to turn it into a "D" Cave.  That is the clever name given by my husband to stand for discipleship cave.  We are planning to have more student meetings in our home next school year and the basement is the perfect spot for that kind of meeting.  I will be glad to get some good use out of the space.  We've been talking about it for a couple months, but nothing much will get done until after school is out and Jeff has some free time (yay!).  We usually clean it when family comes, but any other time it is a dumping ground for junk.  Anyway, that's the exciting news from the basement. 

I have been working on some household organization, homeschool planning and my general to-do list.  I hung my laundry out to dry (on a rigged clothesline) and made chickpea burgers for lunch- yum.  I think I will try to do some more posts.  I forgot how fun it is to write about everyday stuff... which is, ironically, the reason why I started my own blog in the first place!

1 comment: